at UMass - post-UMass
Senior year (2006-07) achievements:
• 2006-07 NABC All-District First-Team Selection for third year in row (first since Monty Mack, 1999-2001).
• 2006-07 Atlantic 10 First Team for third year in row (first since St. Joe's Jameer Nelson, 2001-04).
• Senior team tri-captain with Stephane Lasme and Brandon Thomas.
• Finished 4th in career points at UMass with 1,744; behind just Jim McCoy, Monty Mack and Lou Roe.
• Third in career rebounds with 998. Only Lou Roe (1,070) and Julius Erving (1,049) had more at UMass.
• Fourth in career field goal percentage 55.9, percentage points ahead of current BC coach Al Skinner (55.7).
• Third in career field goals made all-time at UMass with 685. Ninth in career field goals attempted with 1226.
• Seventh in career free throws made with 374 and sixth in free throws attempts with 604.
• With 115 career starts, fourth all-time at UMass passing Carl Smith (112). Next on list is Tony Barbee (118).
• Leading UMass in scoring with 14.7 average (13th in the A-10). Shooting 60.9 from the floor (206-of-338). Field goal pct. mark ranked 15th in the nation and second in the A-10 to Saint Jospeh's Ahmad Nivins (63.1).
• Field goal percentage finished as sixth-best in a season in UMass history, 60.9.
• Averaged 8.3 rebounds per game, ranked third in the A-10. In A-10 games grabbed 9.0 rebounds per game, second in A-10 games.
• Double-doubles in 14 games; nine 20-plus point games this season. Double-doubles in six of eight games from Jan. 2-28.
• Double-figures in 26-of-33 games during season and in 90-of-118 career games at UMass (76 percent of his games).
• Moved to fourth in career scoring with double-double against Alabama (3/13) in NIT First Round with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
• Has scored just six points in two games at Saint Joseph's (3/3) and vs. Saint Louis (3/8) in A-10 Tournament.
• On Senior Night, sang the National Anthem and then proceeded to post his 13th double-double of the year with 20 points and 12 rebounds vs. La Salle (2/28).
• Had 12 rebounds, but season-low four points vs. Saint Louis (2/24). His 13th game this year in double-figure rebounds.
• Very efficient with 8-of-9 from the floor finishing with 16 points vs. St. Bonaventure (2/21).
• Moved to third in career rebounds, passing Horace Neysmith (935) at Dayton (2/18), as he had 15 points and 12 rebounds for his 12th double-double of the season.
• Reached double-figures with 12 points, also grabbed nine rebounds at Temple (2/11).
• In major foul trouble, playing just 21 minutes, scored 10 points vs. Rhode Island (2/8).
• Over eight games (Jan. 2-24), averaged 17.3 points and grabbed 10.6 rebounds.
• Tallied 13 points against Richmond (2/3).
• Sixth double-double in eight games with 18 points and 11 rebounds at Charlotte (1/28).
• Posted 40th career double-double at Rhode Island (1/24) with 19 points and 12 rebounds, 10th double-double of year.
• Double-double for fourth time in five games with 22 points and 13 rebounds at Xavier (1/18), had career-high tying 11 offensive rebounds.
• Eighth double-double of year with 21 points and 10 rebounds vs. Temple (1/13), also career-high tying three blocked shots.
• Seventh 20-point game this season vs. G. Washington (1/10), with 21 points, made 9-of-12 from the floor, grabbed seven rebounds.
• Played in 100th career game at La Salle (1/6) and posted seventh double-double with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
• Posted sixth double-double of the season vs. Miami (1/2) with 16 points and 10 rebounds. Scored 10 points in first 7:03 of game.
• Tallied 12 points vs. Yale (12/28), grabbing secben rebounds in season-low 18 minutes as he mired in foul trouble. That equaled the second-fewest minutes he played in a game in his UMass career.
• Limited to season-low seven points at Kentucky (12/22), first non-double-figure game of season, did have seven rebounds.
• Atlantic 10 Player of the Week for fourth time in his career on Dec. 17 after Louisville game, also UMass Athlete of Week.
• MVP of the Billy Minardi Classic at Louisville (Dec. 13), as he scored 21 points and added five rebounds. Was 7-of-11 from floor.
• Had 23 points and 10 rebounds in win over Central Connecticut State (12/9).
• Scored 20 points in win over Boston University (12/6) including 14 in the second half to go along with 12 rebounds (8 offensive). Shot 8-for-15 from the floor.
• Passed Marcus Camby (1,393) with 16 points for the 10th on all-time UMass scoring list against Boston College (12/2), also had eight rebounds and shot 8-for-11 from the floor.
• Passed Julius Erving (1,370) with 14 points for the 12th on all-time UMass scoring list at Savannah State (11/28), also had team-high eight rebounds.
• Had a double-double with 18 points and 10 rebounds at Jacksonville State (11/25).
• On 6-of-8 from floor had 14 points and eight rebounds in win over St. Francis, N.Y. (11/22).
• Netted 24 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for 32nd career double-double vs. Northeastern (11/19), was 10-of-16 from field.
• Tallied 14 points on 5-of-8 from the floor at No. 4/5 Pittsburgh (11/18).
• Made 5-of-6 from the floor for 11 points vs. Oakland (11/17).
• Opened the 2006-07 season with his 31st career double-double with 25 points and 10 rebounds vs. Dartmouth (11/11).
Senior year (2006-07) pre-season report from Head Coach Travis Ford: "Rashaun is an All-American Candidate after being on the A-10 First Team for the last two years. He is an extremely talented post player, a great one-on-one player, he's very tough to stop. I've seen more of a determination from him in our preseason workouts. He's paid more attention to his body, paid more attention to his weaknesses. So much came to him, so easily early. He was First Team All-Atlantic 10 his freshman, sophomore, and junior years. I wouldn't say he got complacent. It all just came easy to him; he didn't concentrate on his weaknesses. I've seen a determination. There have been many pro scouts watching his workouts. Ray has done really well."
AS A SOPHOMORE IN 2004-05: Named to NABC All-District I Second Team for second year in a row in 2005, after he became the first since Monty Mack (2000-01) to earn the honor ... Member of 2004-05 Atlantic 10 All-Conference First Team, as voted by coaches, first UMass player on the team since Monty Mack in 2000-01 ... Team's leading scorer with 15.4 average -- ranked sixth in the A-10, topped the A-10 and the team in field goal percentage in field goal percentage (.538), also led team in rebounding (7.8) -- ranked fifth in the A-10 ... At team post-season awards banquet, won the Julius Erving Scoring Award for leading the team with a 15.4 ppg average, the Lou Roe Rebounding Award for leading the team with 7.8 rpg, and the George "Trigger" Burke Team MVP award ... Double-figure scorer in 22 of 28 games; seven double-doubles this season; seven games with 20-plus points and four games with 25-plus ... Was in double-figures in last 10 games, averaging 16.5 ppg, 8.6 rpg and is shooting 63.7 percent from the floor (72-of-113) ... In A-10 First Round vs. LaSalle (3/9), posted seventh double-double of season with 19 points and 12 rebounds, including 11 defensive boards ... Posted 16 points and nine rebounds against Duquesne (3/5) in regular-season finale ... In just 19 minutes due to foul trouble, scored 11 points on 5-of-7 shooting at Dayton (3/1), scored nine points in final 4:29 of game ... On 5-of-6 shooting, scored team-high 15 points and grabbed team-high seven rebounds in loss at Temple (2/26) ... Sixth double-double of year with 24 points and season-high 17 rebounds against Rhode Island (2/23), made 12-of-14 from the foul line ... Coming off the bench for the second time in the year, scored 16 points & had seven rebounds, including four points in overtime in win at LaSalle (2/19) ... Scored 13 points on 6-of-8 shooting and grabbed five boards in win over Florida State (2/15) ... Netted 27 points and 11 rebounds for fifth double-double of the season at Fordham (2/12), hit season-best 13-of-18 from the floor ... Scored 10 points and had team-high six rebounds at Rhode Island (2/9) for 14th double-figure game this season ... Posted 13th double-figure scoring game of year vs. St. Bonaventure (2/5), along with nine rebounds ... Tallied eight of UMass' first 14 points, as the team jumped to a 14-4 lead vs. Richmond (1/29), those were his only points ... Scored 18 points against St. Bonaventure (1/26) - 17 in the second half/overtime periods (seven key points in the OT periods alone) ... Averaged 26.5 points, 9.0 rebounds and shooting 65.5 percent in two games Jan. 15-19 ... Scored more than 25 points in back-to-back games for first time in his career with 26 vs. Fordham (1/19), also grabbed seven rebounds, scored 18 points in the first half for highest scoring half in career ... Posted a team and personal season-highs with 27 points and 15 rebounds at No. 21 George Washington (1/15). Scored the game-winning basket on a lay-up with 0.4 seconds left in overtime to make him 10-for-16 from the floor in the game ... His winning basket was featured on Chris Berman's Top 10 Plays of the Week on ESPN on Jan. 16 ... Scored in double-figures for the 33rd time in career with 12 points vs. Xavier (1/8), also had seven rebounds ... Named Atlantic 10 Co-Player of the Week on Jan. 2, for second time this season, after his strong game vs. Boston University ... Recorded back-to-back double-doubles for the third time in his career with a huge game vs. Boston Univ. (12/28), with 25 points and 13 rebounds. Came into the game with a 55% from the free-throw line, made a career-best 92.9 percent (13-of-14) from foul line ... Second double-double with 20 points and 13 rebounds vs. Rider (12/23), rebounds were most since career-high 18 vs. St. Bonaventure (2/28/04) ... Came off the bench for the second time in his career, scoring team-high 14 points, grabbing five reb's in win over Davidson (12/19) ... Named A-10 Co-Player of the Week on Dec. 12 after huge performance in win over UConn ... Scored the game-winning field goal with 4.3 seconds to beat No. 7/6 UConn (12/9). Scored game-high 18 points and added eight rebounds. Was interviewed on SportsCenter in lead story of the day. Featured on ESPN's Around the Horn and Pardon the Interruption ... Posted 13th career double-double with 18 points and 11 rebounds vs. Northeastern (12/1) ... Scored game-high 21 points vs. Yale (11/28), also grabbed five rebounds.
Q&A article (1/12/2005)
AS A FRESHMAN IN 2003-04: The starting power forward for UMass ... Named Atlantic 10 Conference Rookie of the Year, in addition to being selected to the Atlantic 10 All-Rookie Team ... Also received the team's George Trigger Burke Most Valuable Player Award, Julius Erving Scoring Award and Lou Roe Rebounding Award ... Played in all 29 games on the season, starting 28 times ... Averaged 15.4 points and 8.5 rebounds per game ... Connected on 54.9 percent (173 of 315) of his field goal attempts ... Ranked second in the Atlantic 10 in rebounding and field goal percentage, and 12th in scoring ... Led the team with 18 points and 12 rebounds against Duquesne in the opening round of the Atlantic 10 Tournament ... Scored 27 points on nine of 11 shooting at Richmond, while also pulling down seven rebounds ... Posted a double-double at Temple with 10 points and 12 rebounds ... Selected as the Atlantic 10 Conference Rookie of the Week following his performances against Richmond and Temple ... Recorded career-highs of 31 points and 18 rebounds in the victory over St. Bonaventure ... His 31 points against the Bonnies were the most by a UMass player since Monty Mack scored 32 at Xavier on Feb. 12, 2000, and the most by a first-year UMass player since Marcus Camby scored 32 points against Maryland in the second round of the NCAA Tournament on March 19, 1994 ... In addition, his 18 rebounds against St. Bonaventure were the most by a UMass player since Ajmal Basit pulled down 19 at Rhode Island on Jan. 29, 1998 ... Also set a Mullins Center record for most rebounds (18) against the Bonnies, while tying the Mullins Center records for field goals made (14) and defensive rebounds (14) ... Led the team with 21 points and six rebounds in the home game against St. Joseph's ... Named Atlantic 10 Conference Rookie of the Week and Dinn Brothers UMass Athlete of the Week following his performances against St. Bonaventure and St. Joseph's ... Pulled down a team-best eight rebounds at Fordham ... Had 10 points and nine rebounds in home game against Rhode Island, while hitting eight of 12 free throws ... Totaled nine points and nine rebounds at Xavier ... Recorded team-highs of 17 points and 11 rebounds at Rider, while hitting seven of eight shots from the floor ... Had 13 points, four rebounds and two blocks in the win at Rhode Island ... Totaled 18 points and 10 rebounds in the home victory over Fordham, while hitting eight of 13 shots from the floor ... Scored 16 points on five of seven shooting in the victory over Temple ... Led the Minutemen with 17 points and 12 rebounds at St. Joseph's, while hitting eight of 14 field goal attempts ... Recorded team highs of 16 points and 13 rebounds at Duquesne ... Named Atlantic 10 Conference Rookie of the Week following his performances against Temple, St. Joseph's and Duquesne ... Scored 19 points and pulled down five rebounds at St. Bonaventure ... Led the team with 19 points and 10 rebounds against George Washington, while hitting nine of 11 free throw attempts ... Totaled 12 points and six rebounds against La Salle, while hitting five of eight field goal attempts ... Selected the Atlantic 10 Conference Rookie of the Week following his performances against George Washington and La Salle ... Pulled down nine rebounds and scored six points against Tennessee ... Had 15 points and three rebounds at Connecticut ... Recorded 22 points on 10 of 13 shooting against Albany, in addition to pulling down 10 rebounds ... Scored a career-best 23 points on nine of 12 shooting in the victory over Maine, while also posting six rebounds and three steals ... Earned Atlantic 10 Conference Rookie of the Week honors following the Maine game, while being named Dinn Brothers UMass Athlete of the Week for his performances against both Maine and Albany ... Totaled 18 points and a team-best 10 rebounds against Marshall ... Posted team-highs of 15 points and 13 rebounds at Central Connecticut State ... Had 11 points and seven rebounds at Boston College ... Recorded 19 points and nine rebounds against Hartford, while hitting eight of 11 shots from the floor ... Named Atlantic 10 Conference Rookie of the Week following his performance against Hartford ... Scored a team-high 17 points on eight of 13 shooting at Texas Tech ... Totaled 11 points and 14 rebounds in the season-opening win over St. Francis (N.Y.) ... With that performance, became the first Minuteman to post a double-double in his collegiate debut since John Murphy had 16 points and 14 rebounds against West Virginia on Dec. 2, 1972 ... Named Atlantic 10 Conference Rookie of the Week following his performances vs. Texas Tech and St. Francis (N.Y.).
BEFORE UMASS: Averaged 17.8 points as a senior for coach Mike Sausville's 21-4 Schenectady (N.Y.) High School squad ... Led the Patriots to the 2002 New York Section II Class A boys' title ... Named the 2001-02 Times Union boys Player of the Year ... All-State performer ... Averaged 15.1 points as a junior for the Patriots' Class A championship team ... Tallied 18 points and nine rebounds in 2001 state title game ... Led the Albany City Rocks to the 2000 New York 17's and 16's AAU championship ... Rated as the 39th-best inside player in the Class of 2002 by PrepStars, and as the 106th-best player overall in the class, while Hoop Scoop had him pegged as the 100th-best player in his class.
Freeman and Kouyate sign up with UMass. (11/23/2001)
PERSONAL:Full name is Rashaun Demier Freeman ... Born December 15, 1984, in Schenectady, N.Y. ... Son of Demetrius Mayers ... Brother of Ricardo, Elijah, Deawnte, Rashard, Dawn, Deasia ... Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree with Individual Concentration ... Sat out the 2002-03 campaign under NCAA academic guidelines...Shoe size 16.
|Points||31 - vs. St. Bonaventure, 2/28/04|
|Field Goals||14 - vs. St. Bonaventure, 2/28/04|
|Field Goals Att.||19 - at Xavier, 1/18/2007|
19 - at Boston College, 12/6/03
|3-Point FG Att.||1 - three times, last vs. La Salle, 2/28/07|
|Free Throws||13 - vs. Boston Univ., 12/28/04|
|Free Throw Att.||17 - vs. Rhode Island, 2/4/06|
|Rebounds||19 - at St. Bonaventure, 2/19/06|
|Assists||4 - vs. Xavier, 3/8/06|
|Blocks||3 - three times, last vs. Temple, 1/13/07|
|Steals||3 - twice, last vs. Hartford, 11/18/05|
|Minutes||46 - at St. Bonaventure, 1/26/05|
Gravelines club, France, 2008-
Gravelines is part of France's Pro A league. Signed with the club Aug 7, 2008.
Chicago Bulls, NBA, Forward, Summer League 2008, #44
Appeared on the Bulls' summer league roster, but did not appear in any games.
Nantes club, France, 2007-08
Nantes is part of France's Pro B league.
Freeman's roster page: http://www.herminenantes.com/equipe/detail.asp?arId=384
Invited to join NBA's Predraft Camp in Orlando (5/29-6/4/07).