Drill Hall was the first gymnasium used for the Massachusetts men's basketball program. It was located on campus, at the site of what is now Bartlett Hall. A renovation of Drill Hall was completed in 1899, which made the building suitable for the basketball and track teams.
As the home venue for men's basketball, Drill Hall was succeeded by Curry Hicks Cage, in 1932.
Drill Hall opened in 1883, primarily for military training. It was retrofitted in 1899 to allow for the basketball and track teams.1)
The first official game in the building, and for the school's men's basketball program, was on January 10, 1900, against the Northampton YMCA, with a win for the home team, 14-9.2)
Over the 24 seasons of Drill Hall's use, the men's basketball program went 107-35 at home, a .754 win percentage.
Drill Hall was demolished in 1957 to make way for Bartlett Hall.3)
Win/Loss record for all games played at Drill Hall.
|1928-29||3||5||Only losing home season|